Thursday, April 18, 2013

Horror Freak

Aubrey and I went out to see The Host a while ago and one of the previews was for The Conjuring.  Here it is:


Do you see how nice and peaceful the trailer starts?  It makes you feel like this is going to be a nice family movie.  But NO!  It is a freaky suspense film (bordering on horror if you asked me).  What, you didn't know that I am NOT a big fan of freaky suspense/horror films?  In fact, I am not just not a fan, I downright dislike them.  They give me no entertainment, only heart attacks.

As we were watching this trailer on the big screen in the dark theater, realizing that this trailer was not for a cute family show, my fingers dug deeper and deeper into Aubrey's leg.  I know, pathetic, right?  Well get this for pathetic, by the end of the trailer I was darn near curled up in her lap stifling screams!

Speaking of curling up and ending up in somebodies lap, I actually did that watching The Sixth Sense in the theater.  I went to see that one with all of my buddies and we had a killer time.  But man was I scared!  The scariest part is when the girl pops into the tent vomiting.  That's when me and my friend Justin literally screamed, lifted our feet off of the ground, curled our entire bodies into each other, and hugged each other firmly.  Then we laughed hysterically for five whole minutes!  Yes, pathetic.  But awesome too.

Blair Witch Project was another one I saw in the theater.  I remember I sat on the front row staring up at the huge screen scared witless the entire time!  Ugh, what is it about these types of shows for me?  I mean, I'm watching The Walking Dead with Aubrey.  But I'll tell you what, I can't watch it alone.  It's too scary for me!  In fact, I might not carry on watching the next season.

I just get so dang stressed out watching this stuff.  Why can't I just sit back and enjoy the panic and fear that the characters portray without feeling it for myself!  Hello!  It's not real.  So why do I have to run up the stairs away from the dark basement that probably has "walkers" stalking me?

See what happened just now?  It invades my imagination, that's why I don't like these movies.  I think this might seem from my childhood.  My brothers we're always watching Watcher in the Woods and Something Wicked This Way Comes. Oh and now that i think of it, my sister forced me to watch Nightmare on Elm Street all by myself in the dark basement when i was in third grade.

Now I just have to stop watching them...


5 comments:

  1. Um, I chose to NOT watch that trailer again, thank you very much. If I remember right, weren't you begging Brooke to let you watch that movie? haha It's funny how as kids, we think we want to watch something so bad, but later we learn it might have been good to trust our parent's judgment. haha Seriously, some things are just better left alone. Why do we need to scare the living daylights out of ourselves!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! What, you didn't want fingers digging into your leg again or a grown man end up in your lap? Is that why you chose not to watch it again? :)

      Delete
  2. Oh and remember that girl is Marissa from the OC? Funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. That trailer is cerazy! You should tell people that you don't like scary movies because you experience higher levels of empathy than the average man so the emotions of other people and fictional characters are projected onto you with greater force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! Where were you before I posted this?

      Delete