Friday, April 19, 2013

Flight 1776


Philadelphia, Delta Airlines 

Yeah, I'm not kidding.  This was the actual flight that I was on while traveling from Minneapolis to Philadelphia.  This can't be more than coincidence can it?  Well, no it's not.  American Airlines have one too.  And Continental (merged with United) and Northwest Airlines (merged with Delta) used to have a flight 1776 to Philadelphia.  But why is Delta's flight 1776 coming from Minneapolis?  That seems rather inconspicuous.  American Airlines flight 1776 originates in Los Angeles and lays over in Dallas.  Now that's more like it. 

It seems like Delta should want that flight number for a more prominent flight.  Or maybe that is one of their more prominent flights.  It sure seemed like it when I traveled on it.  The flight was absolutely full.



No that's not an actual picture of the flight I was on, but it's a pretty darn good rendition.  If it was my flight you'd see me way in the back,on the very last row sitting in the aisle seat.

Speaking of which, I thought I was going to luck out and not have anybody in the middle seat next to me and the guy in the window seat.  We were both crossing or fingers and even mentioned it to each other.  But alas, it wasn't to be.  The very last passenger to board walked all the way back to the last row to occupy that middle seat that I and my unlucky row mate were unable to utilize our power of thought for.

Here's the best part though, before she sat down she gave me her best smile her friendly voice to offer me the chance of a lifetime!  "I'll take that seat for you'" is what she said to me, trying to convey the common knowledge that the aisle seat is the absolute worst place to sit on an airplane.

What I should have said is something like how that wouldn't be very polite or chivalrous of me to make her sit in that awful spot for the hours.  No I simply said "No thank you," thinking "Do really look that dumb?"

Don't answer that! 

1 comment: