Tuesday, April 23, 2013

An Actual Hair Style


This is the picture that I brought to the salon to show my hair stylist what I want my hair to look like.  To explain, I really have never done this before because usually I just go to Great Clips and get the most simple haircut possible, #5 on the sides and the back blended to a short length on the top.  So I was really out of my comfort zone here.  But I've been wanting a longer hair style for some time now.

I actually shaved my head in a buzz cut about six months ago and it's been growing ever since then.  So it was getting really shaggy and ugly.  So I knew that I couldn't just go to Great Clips and ask them to take a look at the picture, that wouldn't fly.  I needed a real salon that does men haircuts.  This is what I found:

Jagged Edge, Salon, Hair Style, Utah Salon, Draper Salon

I went in a tried to get a cut as a walk in customer on a Saturday.  That did not work, they are so busy!  So I made an appointment for the following Saturday.  I had to endure one more week of the shag.  The Jagged Edge is a really cool place, though.  It has a really hip atmosphere and the ambiance is really welcoming!

Remember, I'm feeling pretty dumb for wanting a haircut like the above picture.  I know that happens all the time, but come on, that guy's a model and I'm...well, you know.  I'm Lance that's always kept my hair short because I wouldn't know what else to do with it.

So I show the picture to Coco (spelling?) and she takes two seconds to look at it before she knows exactly what to do.  Then she goes to work!  She taught me exactly how to style it too!  I walked out of there with a really cool hair style that I like and $50 worth of new product.  Oh, and she even trimmed my eye brows!  Were they really THAT bushy?  I don't think so, but I think she knows what she's doing.  :)

I've never rescheduled on site for my next haircut, but that day I did with Coco.  That's how good of a job I thought she did.  Thanks Coco and Jagged Edge!

10 comments:

  1. Where's the before/after shot??
    (I'm a Great Clips person myself, and usually find that I'm cringing in fear at the person haphazardly cutting my hair. But...$8...!!! For now, I'll keep it frugle. But when the day comes that I want something fancy done to my hair, I'll remember this post and upgrade to a more trustworthy establishment.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can whip up a before and after. And yeah I know about frugal, I cut my own hair for the last six years! I think all of those $10 great clips hair cuts I didn't get I can now splurge a bit. Oh and I did, I spent $50 on the hair product my stylist recommended. Yikes!

      Delete
    2. I cannot believe I spelled frugal wrong!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Ha ha! For what it's worth I didn't notice. In fact you made me go look it up just to make sure I spelled it right! Too funny! P.S.next time blame it on your phone or subject or something. ; )

      Delete
  2. Jenn, I know. I'm kicking myself for not taking a before picture of "the shag", as he called it. ;) I wonder if we have one lying around somewhere...hmmmm On a side note. The haircut really does look great. It's the first time Lance has used my blowdryer in 12 years. But hey, it's never too late to start. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I purposefully kept that part out. You know, about the blow drying and straightening... ; )

      Delete
    2. All your beauty secrets are being revealed.....and now I'm wondering what it would look like if I blow-dried aaron's hair. I feel like it would be poofy? We will have to find out...

      Delete
    3. It won't be poofy if you put the right product in! Spoken like a true professional.

      Delete
  3. Hello, this is Shannon. Did you know I have a blog? I do, and I can't believe I remembered the password it's been like 3 years since I logged onto it. Anyway, I saw this post and it prompted me to try to log on so I could leave a comment. I use to go to the Jagged Edge salon when they were downtown (this was 10 years ago...but it seems like yesterday) I loved how I felt like a celebrity and my hair was so marvelously colored. I don't know what happened to my stylist, Jared, who was no longer there when I got home from my mission. Alas, I digress, but I like your blog- and your hair. Oh, that reminds me, Kip buzzed his and Garrett's on Sunday so they look like they are going to war.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, you knew about Jagged Edge all this time? And you didn't tell me about it? AND you obviously didn't tell Kip about it. ; ) He's going to war! Thanks for liking the blog and my hair! You're so cool.

      Delete